[FC] Rampy issues

Andy rumbleseat66 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 23 13:47:20 EDT 2011

With cheap reliable electronic ignitions these days I don't mess with points anymore but it sticks in my head my father always first swapping in a new condenser when his van would start acting up.  Especially like the scenario you describe - problem only when hot.

I would try to get it hot and make it act up again - but be ready to change condenser quickly and see if that helps.

Then install a pertronix (or similar) and never look back.  (Carrying stock points plate setup for spare).