[FC] door question

Paul Steinberg noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Wed May 18 14:40:54 EDT 2011

The first thing to do is to remove the striker from the door jam, and adjust
the door hinges so the door closes properly, and the body lines are correct.
Then install the striker loosely, and adjust as necessary.  The new rubber
will take some time to relax to the point where the door closes easily.  If
you don't have the proper adjustment on the door itself, then no adjustments
of the striker plate will solve a problem with closing the door.  Getting
the hinges hung properly is a time consuming job, but one that must be done
properly if you don't want to live with a problem door for the rest of your
life...
Paul in CT