[FC] Was & is FC work trucks

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Wed May 18 15:47:08 EDT 2011

A stock work truck (vice a Greenbriar Deluxe) could be ordered with chrome
bumpers and with guards as an option, four speed trans, and I think the PG
was an option for work versions as well as for non-commerical sales.
Remember back then, there were large fleet sales of trucks where whatever
was available was available for optioning,  and special trucks were made
with one side panel and one side had a window. Some side door widows did not
roll down, I believe.
A plain jane FC had painted bumpers and painted hub caps, not full wheel
covers, black wall tires, single color interior, & bench seat I believe.
Radio, two-spd windshield wipers & washer, sun visors, were all options. I
believe both the regular dome light and the rear dome light were options.
Gasoline htr was an option in early years. There was a panel like a fornt
belly pan which was an option in early  years.
64 &65 had hte rubber/plastic flap behind the grill opening, actuated by a
handle on th upper portion of the floor board. Thi is a nice option where it
is chilly. Really cuts down the drafts.

Someone who knows can chime in here.

Chuck S