[FC] Problem after installing High Volume Blower Motor

Joel McGregor joelsplace at earthling.net
Tue Nov 1 14:33:48 EDT 2011

If hooking it up backwards fries the diode then the diode won't be sufficient to keep the system from back feeding as that will also fry it.
Draw a picture of how it's wired, post it somewhere we can get to it and we should be able to figure out what's going on.
I've got relays protecting all the fan speeds on my '65 and no feedback problems.  My relays are the cheapest ones I could find.
Joel McGregor