[FC] 1963 FC Engine Block Sought

Tim Palmer corvair at murfy.us
Fri Nov 18 18:20:38 EST 2011

> Bob to my understanding the WC engine was a wagon engine and that FC engines
> were coded with a V. If I am wrong I hope someone will inform me, I have been
> wrong before. I believe the V engines came with valve rotators and the W
> engines did not. There may have been other differences.

My notes have the WC as a FC Powerglide replacement engine 61-63.

The V engine prefix was used for all manual transmission FCs engines.
The W engine prefix was used for all powerglide transmission FCs engine.

The wagons used the Z engine prefix for automatics and the Y engine prefix for manual transmissions the same as the cars.
The second letter was unique for wagons and depending on the engine.

I believe rotators were used on all FC's and no cars or wagons.

--
Best regards,
 Tim Palmer
 mailto:corvair at murfy.us