[FC] Door latches

Mike Clark mclark67 at charter.net
Sun Oct 9 23:02:58 EDT 2011

Well thanks again you guys, after looking at it again I see that the striker
does indeed adjust.  It helped to wipe off 50 years of dirt.

Since I can't seem to find my service manual, I will forego this project for
now.  I had hoped to get this guy ready to sell pretty soon, though it may
go to its new owner with mal-adjusted doors.

One more question then I'll be quiet.  How exactly is the door latch
supposed to act?  Does it only get one click and then that holds it closed,
or does it go farther than the one click, sort of like any other car and
when you don't close the door all the way it won't come open, but it's still
open a little?  If I adjust the striker so the door is held closed but I
don't do anything to the latch itself, am I living with a false sense of
security, and some large bump or an accident will pop the door right open?

Have a good night everyone.

Mike