[FC] alternators in a Rampy

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Mon Oct 17 12:30:17 EDT 2011

Thanks Bill.The alternator is a rebuilt unit from Clarks and is the std. 1965 unit (37 amp?) It has <500 miles on it.I drove it all weekend and the red light went out for about 20% of the time. When the light goes out, the guage shows a bit over  14 volts even when it is just up off idle.I can see that the male spade connector on the voltage regulator moves side - to - side a quite a bit and corresponds to the red light coming on and going off. I have a replacement voltage regulator on its way as of last Friday. I hope to install and put an end to the red light for once and all  by this weekend.Question here :...I noticed that the Clarks catalog shows a set of what look like rubber sleeves or bushings to insulate the hold - down bolts for the V- R to the chassis. Is it important to not have the V- R grounded or are those sleeves more for  vibration insulation?? BTW everywhere I drive Rampy she attracts a crowd. At the county park last Friday night I had to let people take photos of her and introduce all the features to a small group of strangers who were fascinated.I will post results as I find themTim '61 Rampy 140 4 spd.