[FC] Service Lifts for a home shop

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Fri Oct 21 06:56:21 EDT 2011

I looked into hoists when i built the new shop. there was one at the
nationals i should have purchased. it lifted from the side , had the pump
(110volt plug in the wall) as a cart separate. it looked very stable and  portable.
i had a small platform unit for a while , but sold it because it limited
acceptability under the cars (like the pan). those both were under $2000.00 .
i  ended up with a bumper lift that uses air(old used)  that does what i
want  to do perfectly. it is easy to set up , i do not have to bend down to
adjust  pads, and it lifts quick and high. i think newer ones are available at
harbor  freight and napa. another corvair guy in our area has a napa one.
you must watch the pads on it , i get them close , then pull them back
against the bumper so they dont hit the rear panel. other than that , it does
what I need. that and GOOD jack stands is my best way for a small home  shop.
keep your eye on auctions ,and sales at closing shops.  i think  pictures
of my jack show up on the website  _www.cnycorvair.com_
(http://www.cnycorvair.com)   .
regards, Tim Colson