[FC] Adding shoulder belts

J Corey jcorey at escapees.com
Tue Sep 6 19:55:58 EDT 2011

From: Bill McCurdy <eurobilly at gmail.com>
Subject: [FC] Adding shoulder belts
To: corvanatics at corvair.org

I recently purchased a 1961 Greenbrier. I am new to FC's and looking forward
to this build!  I am looking for information on/experiences with
updating the front bench of the Greenbrier with shoulder harnesses. All
ears!
Thanks
--
~Bill

------------------------------

I added shoulder belts to my 62 Greenie. Bought a set on EBay.  Mounted
lower brackets on floor.  Took care to drill into gas tank. (VBG). I mounted
upper bracket on a small steel plate, which I then attached to pillar with
tech screws.  Drilled a hole in pillar behind plate to clear bracket bolt.
My intention is to weld the bracket in place.  It's on the list.  Meantime,
belt works quite well, retracts fine.  Project was easy, except for dropping
the tank to fix the hole!  Too late we get smart.

Jim Corey
62 Greenie, 63 vert
64 coupe, 66 sedan