[FC] Poor MPG and performance

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sat Sep 17 05:46:21 EDT 2011

try larger main jets...i went thru that once , went up 2 notches and things
 were much better.
install a vac gauge to see the radical difference.  more vac at  cruise  =
better mileage and performance...
another thing to check is mechanical advance in distributor...make sure
weights are in properly (found backwards weights in a rebuilt once). timing
light will show this as timing retarding when you rev it up instead of
advancing.
good luck
regards , Tim Colson
 63 rampy  @20 MPG and running great .   performing  good on thruway at
65-70  but could use a touch more poop on entrance  ramps..
.053 jets   95 (9889)  cam   140 heads with 2  carbs , 030 oversize,
powerglide ,with 3:27 differential, dual 140 logs  etc.
wish  i had put the 9891 cam in it...

In a message dated 9/16/2011 11:45:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,