[FC] CHEVROLET CORVAIR RAMPSIDE 1961 Truck (project condition) - $750 ( Northridge/Ontario, CA)

ponymel at earthlink.net ponymel at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 19 12:31:11 EDT 2011

ponymel at earthlink.net has forwarded you this craigslist.org posting.

Please see below for more information.

Visit the posting at
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/2602915471.html to contact the
person who posted this.

CHEVROLET CORVAIR RAMPSIDE 1961 Truck (project condition)

Date: 2011-09-16, 11:08PM

Hey all, I've decided I just won't be doing this project truck--as much
as I would LOVE to get him in drivable and "show-off" condition.  So,
offered for sale, 1961 Chevrolet Corvair Rampside truck.  This truck
comes with a story, though I won't post it here (yet). :)  Truck needs
some TLC, has non-operating registration.  Truck is currently in
Ontario, California (I live in Northridge) at a friend's place.  My
friend had been working on it some, got it running in no time at all,
but I ran out of money, then lost my job, and there poor Mugsy sat.  We
need to get the truck moved, so I would love for someone to be able to
take it on as a project vehicle.  My friend writes that since the truck
hasn't been worked on or the body work painted over and sealed, there
has been a lot of deterioration to the bondo work he had done. As far
as he knows the engine and trans are still in working order. There is
still a lot of work to be done before it can even be driven.  It needs
windshield, bench seat, clutch assembly; and a key :)  When I bought
the truck in Sacramento in 1991, the owner told me he had lost the key.
 The pictures attached are a few years old, so my friend noted the
above description and said the one area that would be different is the
bench seat in the cab, only the framing remains on that.  The seat was
most likely going to need to be replaced anyway.  I'm asking $750 for
the truck; OBO.  We need to have it moved as soon as we can, so...
feel free to send an email back with your interest.  We'd need to make
an appointment for you to see the truck.

Oh--I forgot to mention--the red showing on the pictures is mostly of
previous paint, though there is some rust/wear on the truck.  The bulk
of the 'red' showing is previous paint job.  This truck originally was
red/maroon; my dad had it painted over with blue later (yes--it is my
dad's original truck--purchased in 1961, sold in 1974, discovered and
repurchased by me in 1991 :) That is Mugsy's story in a nutshell!

I have more pictures at my WebShots album at:

 http://rides.webshots.com/album/532182874zrfmkh

You can call Melanie at 818-775-1668.

 Location: Northridge/Ontario, CA
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial
interests

Original URL: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/2602915471.html

this craigslist posting was forwarded to you by someone using our
email-a-friend feature - if you want to prevent these, please go to:

http://www.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/te/U2FsdGVkX18xODY5OTE4Nt6VxuTv8LcxZ8jUoB1iyiFC5NoWJpJGuj7p5yxwG7Irtsv99jtRZo5UUacIhcB6SQ