[FC] FC PANEL REMOVAL

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Apr 9 07:53:49 EDT 2012

Get some heavy duty plastic or some sheet metal to protect your arm  first.
 Makes it less likely you will torch the whole thing in  frustration.
Worry the bolt out.  Can you wedge a piece of metal like  a big screwdriver or
piece of scrap so that as the free nut turns it will jam  the wedge tighter?
Is it too rusty?  I have removed badly  rusted bolts in the past with time
by painting them with Naval Jelly  to eat the rust.  Paint it on, leave it
for 24 hours, wash/brush it off,  put on some more, wait............
Eventually the rust is gone and the  bolt/nut are much reduced in size and will
break loose.  Concentrate on  just the offending nut it you have time.  If you
don't then cut an access  hole and cut it out.  Let the body man put it back
together.  Or buy a  new panel from the dry state guys.

Builds character don't it?

Bob

In a message dated 4/8/2012 8:11:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,