[FC] Update re: FC PANEL REMOVAL

rod murray rmurray8996 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 08:56:39 EDT 2012

Bolt finally removed!  Final attempt was a fist-size dremel cut into side
of panel to cut top point of bolt off, then get a long screwdriver onto top
of bolt to punch out w hammer. Hated to cut the panel, but am ok knowing
that dlx upholstery panel will cover it...btw, the original scratches on my
wrists are healing nicely.

Thx for the various suggestions all.

Restore continues...

Rod
64 brier
WPCC

On Tuesday, April 10, 2012, rod murray <rmurray8996 at gmail.com> wrote:
> i took a piece of bob's advice and applied naval jelly on the screw top
and bottom before i headed to work this morning...will give that a day or
so to do some dirty work and then will take another crack at it...the small
screwdriver approach under the bolt head may be next, and then followed by
the dremel suggestion...so far looks like my cat used my hand for a scratch
toy.

> - rod
>
> On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 8:02 AM, Steven R. Spilatro <spilatrs at marietta.edu>
wrote:

>> Rod,
>> Ah ha. If the nut is holding and thus the threads of the bolt are
stripped within the nut, can you tap a thin-tipped screw-driver (or
something) under the bolt head enough to allow the hopefully good thread
above the nut to catch?  Granted the threads of the nut are probably shot
too, but I have used this technique in the past, granted not in the same
location, but usually this will allow the bolt to begin to extract enough
to allow removal

--
Rod
*"Reloaded in da 'burgh"*