[FC] FC Shifter Q from lclc

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 19 13:01:39 EST 2012

Larry is doing some research and is looking from help from those who might
help him to pin down some production change dates a little more closely.
Please see his message pasted below and respond directly to him rather than
to VV or FC.

Thank you.

PASTE:

hi jr
since i am not on vv anymore, nor have the time to be, could you post this
question for me?

FC Shifter question
i am trying to determine when the change in manual transmission shift
linkage was made for the 1963 model year. we all know the shift lever that
goes under the seat riser and under the gas tank is the "early" type, and
the shift lever that bolts to the floor and goes through the gas tank is the
"late" type, but i'd like to narrow that down.
if you have a 1963 FC with manual transmission that you believe still has
it's original shift configuration, please email me with the VIN on the
drivers door post and which style shifter it has. reply to
larry at vairshop.com
 thanks
lc

END PASTE