[FC] FC ads

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Tue Feb 28 12:17:10 EST 2012

SteveI have been collecting magazine ads for Corvair pickups. Are you seeking only items from the '65 model year or would you like some of the earlier ones?  If you wish i can get digital copies made of my 1961 and 1962 ads. These show the truck in color.Also for those who recall my quest  to get the red "Gen" light to go out on Rampys dashboard there is some progress.  I replaced the original "generator" engine witha 1966 car motor with alternator. I have thus far replaced the alternator, voltage regulator and all attendant wiring inside the engine compartment. This has resulted in the "GEN" light staying on all the time instead of going out at upper ranges of RPM. I have a local mechanic working on it and he tels me that the "new" rebuilt alternator is not putting out any juice. I am having another rebuilt one sent to him from a national vendor. More to followTim W '61 Rampy 140 4 spd.