[FC] THE CRAMPY ? I BOUGHT

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Fri Jan 6 07:10:19 EST 2012

I am still wondering what I really bought. I own a complete set of
Corvantics newsletters , but never thought to look thru them for the "history?"  of
the crampy I bought. Last night at a club meeting I was handed a well used
issue from March-April 1986 with a crampy on a flatbed. The article went on
to  say something about a rough one in Boston area. I was lead to believe i
bought  the one that was the cover one in Dec? 84 communique . Now i am
wondering what i  have here. Mine is VERY rough , with some serious cob job
work under it, and  other issues. I don't care , I have some real dreams for
the future of it , when  i can get at it. I have accumulated a lot of neat
parts for it , and will get at  it in a year or so.
QUESTION is can anyone help me with the REAL story of this thing?
it has a homebrew vin plate with matching Michigan title. I hope to keep a
good record of my work in pictures. I have it running real good now , but
it has  a one gallon bottle for a gas tank , so i have not run it much. It
fits in the  same space as my mower for winter , mower moves down cellar.
I did replace the doors , seats , and wheels / tires so far. It will get a
new powertrain that is now in my rampy also. It will probably become a "rat
rod"  type redo , because i have to do it all myself.
SO , any notes about the past of this project would be welcome.
Thanks , Tim Colson    pictures will be posted at  the
_www.cnycorvair.com_ (http://www.cnycorvair.com)    web site as I work on it.
I just scanned the article , but it is poor quality due to  age.