[FC] cables

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Fri Jan 13 08:48:45 EST 2012

AndrewYes by all means follow the front cable and look for stretching and /or tearing. I had this issue with my '65 'vert and found that the e- cable was down to the last few strands at the connection to the handle. for some reason the cable was frayed at that end. I replaced that cable and re- adjusted and then all was fine. Do you know how old your cables are?. Replacement is probably a good idea in any event. My '61 has self adjusters that were added apparently by the P.O., but my truck is driven so infrequently that the self adjusters did not get enough use. ---Blue oval note here---Also, I recently replaced all the brakes except for the master cylinder on my 90 + K miles  '01 Mustang and now with the new cables the e- brake feels as smooth as silk. Funny how we get used to things slowly when they degrade!Tim