[FC] B-up light info

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Tue Jun 19 08:44:19 EDT 2012

This truck apparently has a car 4 spd  transmission as it look identical to the ones in my previous '65 Monzas. This truck came to me from the P.O. with its 80 HP original engine but this car tranny with a B- up light switch installed. When i went about exchanging the engien for the '66 140 motor I cleaned up the exterior of the transaxle and cleaned out all the old lube inside too. I reinstalled the b'up lamp switch that was in there, but of course failed to test the thing.I have power from a wire under the dash that is "hot" only when the ign switch is in the "run" position. ( tested with known good bulb at the connection to the B-up lamp terminal)The lamp housings are well grounded as they light when tested with 12 volts.  My plan, then, is to have a rubber cork ready when i remove the switch to bench - test it so i do not lose all the fresh gear lube. I will report my findings when i doThanx to all for help and ideas and well founded questions!Tim'61 rampy 140 4 spd..