[FC] emblems

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Fri Jun 22 12:22:40 EDT 2012

My current '61 Rampy has the repro "corvair 95" ones from Clarks. ( handle gently they are soft)I have restored 4 corvairs and when I was in the "disassembly" phase on the first one, I noticed that there was always rust associated with the holes Chevy used to mount the chrome badges.  I took extra precautions to prevent that when I had the repaint done and reinstalled the chrome parts. That first one had to be redone after 5 years ( learning from doing) and when I took it apart again there was still rust despite my efforts.Ever since then I simply grind off the pins and glue the badges on in their appropriate locations.Tim Werner '61 Rampy