[FC] A clutch failure

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 25 21:42:06 EDT 2012

I'm not Bill, but it is not all that hard.

Second rule - try not to stop.

First rule - to stop you will need to turn the IGN to off (well at least to
get back into first).

Third rule - to go from a stop, start the car in first gear.

Fourth rule - to upshift, blip the throttle and feel the shifter toward the
gear you want (avoid grinding the gears).  When engine and tranny speeds
match you will feel that it is time to push the shifter on into gear.

Fifth rule - after you feel confident with upshifts you can also teach
yourself to downshift - or just slip to neutral when a stop will be
required.  Of course, you will need to turn the engine off and put it back
into first for when it is time to start-go again.

Sixth rule - try to do this when traffic is very light if at all possible.

If I forgot anything, I'm sure others will be happy to point that out and I
won't mind a bit.

Oh, maybe there should be a Plan A?  That would be - keep a very small cable
clamp in the glove box in order to be in a position to avoid all the above
rules.  <GRIN>

Later, JR
CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110