[FC] Clutch failure... solved !

scwilson8126 at wowway.com scwilson8126 at wowway.com
Sat Jun 30 11:10:17 EDT 2012

Daniel;

Congratulations on solving your problem - sometimes the problem is not where you expect it to be.

My '63 Monza convertible was vibrating when idling in neutral and at stoplights.  I asked on this forum and got good ideas from a worn or faulty torque converter to a bad plug, wires, etc.  I couldn't figure it out until I went to rebuild the generator and discovered that the end hold down bolt with rubber spacer was loose - problem solved!   I guess it's just a part of owning old cars.

Scott