[FC] gen lamp fixed

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Mon Mar 12 11:25:51 EDT 2012

I have Rampy back from the shop. I reported last summer that the red "Gen" light refused to go out after I replaced the voltage regulator, and then the wiring inside the engine room, and finally the alternator.Well my mechanic reported that the latest alternator was not producing juice and so I ordered another one from my usual vendor. This was installed and yet the light was on.The mechanic removed the new voltage regulator, the wiring that I installed according to the tech guide, and installed a new tiny ( 1" X 2" ) regulator right on top of the alternator, and this did the trick.There is now a large red wire coming from the alternator to the harness and a single brown wire attached to one of the posts of he small regulator. My dash lamp is dark, and my new voltmeter shows the engine is charging @ 14+ volts. ( see pic)Thanks to you all for all the suggestions and support. Once again I have gottenpast a big "gumption trap" ( Thanx Peter Egan)Tim w'61 Rampy 140 4 spd.