[FC] Don't Miss Out On This One!

Greg Shaw 65vair180 at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 6 22:54:59 EDT 2012

  Anyone thinking about getting Mike Emanuele's 61 Rampside is toooooo late. I
went and got it on the 27th with my son. Drove it back 190 miles to Dearborn,
MI. I had one lady taking pictures with her cell phone as we drove through
Cleveland. I don't know who had the bigger grin, her or me? I can't believe how
well my new 61 drives compared to my older one. The steering is much tighter and
the suspension is not as bouncy.  And boy does it have some good acceleration. I
had to check the engine code when I got home. It is just an 80 HP.  I guess the
fact that it has half the mileage of my other truck might have something to do
with it.
  I got quite a few comments having my two 61s parked nose to nose in the
driveway. The new one looks like the pick for my end of July camping trip. I
want to deflash the heads, rebuild the carbs, and tune it up before its next
highway run. Just to let you know, Mike still has the 8 door van. Wow, what a
beauty! He can send you pictures. It is really nice. His email is:
rampside1 at roadrunner.com. Thanks Mike for helping me with my Rampsideitis (more
specialized form of Corvairitis mentioned in the communique). I am temporarily
content with my 5 Rampsides; 2 to restore in near future, one work truck (lawn
maintenance, one winter beater, and the (new) long distance/camper version.
RAMPSIDES RULE!!!

Greg Shaw
Dearborn, MI