[FC] best camshaft for a 110 ?

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Wed Nov 28 20:12:16 EST 2012

 I have been meaning to advertise this sooner but I have come up with a cam profile that works very well on an FC. The only caveat is you have to use a 2 degree advance key for the optimal power band. This cam is good from idle to about 4500. It seems to work best with a 3.27 gear as it will keep the RPM's near where they need to be for cruising the highway. This probably would work on a car also but I can see the engine running out of RPM before the car would, Maybe with a 3.27 gear it might do OK.

I have driven this combination and like it very much. It will pull from 25 MPH in 4th! The engine it is in is slightly modified with .030 pistons and reworked heads.

This cam would probably do OK with a 3.55 diff but I'm not to certain about using the 3.89 gear, simply because of the engine speed and the point that the engine runs out of steam.

If any of you fit in this category and need a cam I have a good combination. If anyone wants to cross post this, please do.

Ken Hand
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x118/vairmech/Viet%20Nam%20Pictures%201971/