[FC] Chevy orange valve covers

tkalp at cox.net tkalp at cox.net
Sun Sep 16 20:52:00 EDT 2012

Recently  I purchased a '61 Bell Telephone van, the mullet of Corvair vans (windows on the passinger side, solid on the driver side).   The engine is a VB suffix, translated as '64 standard trans FC and it had Chevy orange Valve Covers, didn't think much about it until I checked another VB engine that I had . . . it also had the Chevy orange Valve Covers.  Is this just a strange coincidence or have some of the others of you ran across the painted covers . . . . anyone else have VB engines that are fairly unmolested?

T. Kalp
Wichita, KS