[FC] Chevy orange valve covers

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Sep 17 07:01:43 EDT 2012

years ago I painted most engines I worked on with chevy orange  on  valve
covers and semi black on the rest.

In a message dated 9/16/2012 8:52:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tkalp at cox.net writes:

Recently  I purchased a '61 Bell Telephone van, the mullet  of Corvair vans
(windows on the passinger side, solid on the driver  side).   The engine is
a VB suffix, translated as '64 standard trans  FC and it had Chevy orange
Valve Covers, didn't think much about it until I  checked another VB engine
that I had . . . it also had the Chevy orange Valve  Covers.  Is this just a
strange coincidence or have some of the others of  you ran across the
painted covers . . . . anyone else have VB engines that are  fairly unmolested?

T. Kalp
Wichita,  KS
Corvanatics mailing  list
Corvanatics at corvair.org