[FC] Help

hugh hugpeg at embarqmail.com
Mon Sep 24 20:05:56 EDT 2012

We have had an engine start problem for a long time.  The engine will not start unless it is primed by poring gas down the carb if it sits for more then 2 days.  You can run the battery dry with no result.  Pore gas into it and it starts on the second try every time.
We have had the carbs rebuilt with new parts 3 times by 3 different people.  It has had a tune up with new plugs and points.  We have installed a new Clark's fuel pump.  We have just this last week had a electric fuel pump installed.
I let it sit from Friday afternoon when it was parked after the installation of the new electric pump and nothing has changed.  RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR but no rum.  Seems the only rum is in the liquor cabinet.

Just short of $500 later and we are nowhere.  It has to be something very simple.  It runs great once started.  Just too hard to get it there.

Is there any help out there?

Hugh
61 Rampy
65 Monza Conv