[FC] Bad Igntion Switch?

Andrew Sego andrew_sego at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 09:11:46 EST 2013

Hello All,

My Corvan wouldn't start this morning.  It turned over for a bit, idiot lights were on.  Then it wouldn't turn over at all and the idiot lights were out.  I don't have any power at the dash, ie no headlights.  Checked voltage at the battery and it looks fine.  I took the another car to work instead.

I noticed the engine cut in and out a bit last week. Another day I couldn't get any response from the key switch, then after repeated attempts and maybe some jiggling it got power again.

I think it's either the ignition switch or the red main power wire from the battery to the switch.  I don't have a wiring diagram in front of me. Could a bad ignition switch cause me to lose power to the headlights?

The van is outside and it's 20 degrees.  Just trying to figure out my plan of action for the evening when I get back home.

Thanks
Andrew