[FC] auxillary lights

ebittman at tampabay.rr.com ebittman at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Jan 20 23:12:00 EST 2013

I'm searching for an apparently very rare item.I've been looking for the last year but have had no luck.I'm restoring (painfully slowly) a 62 Corvan Bell telephone truck and know that some states required fleet trucks to have two lights in front to function as turn signals.On a Corvan these were mounted on the panel at the corners of the windshield. They were round black painted metal with an amber lens on both sides (front&back).I did see a part number 987931 but not sure if it's correct.I believe these were also used on the big big rigs usually sticking out of the front fenders on the sides.I don't believe these are reproduced by Chevy truck vendors,or ever will be.I did manage to find a mint roof mounted working spotlight made by Unity as well as various Bell items that would be on this truck (i.e. flashlight,first aid kit,etc).Hopefully I'll live long enough to finish this project!!! LOL. Ed in Florida