[FC] suspension

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Mon Mar 18 10:15:04 EDT 2013

I still have the original suspension components in My '61 Rampy, and have the same goal of replacing them. Last winter I made a start by attempting to remove and replace the lower control arm bushings, and had little success. The bolt that secures the bushing is threaded into the end of the long cast iron rod that is used to position the lower arm. Despite 7 different ways of removing the bolt, it still resides in its' original place only now it is much, ahem. changed in appearance, owing to my efforts. Here in the midwest cars rust sometimes in places you cannot see. On a brighter note. Last saturday I was able to replace the front ball joints and struts on my car that fetches parts for rampy, ( '01 Mustang.) That project succeeded over the course of an 8 hour day using a ball joint press rented from Autozone, my impact wrench, & lots of PB Blaster . There was much rust in this project but not a fatal quantity of it.Keep us posted on this project and good luck.Tim w '61 Rampy 4 spd