[FC] <VV> stolen drivetrain

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Fri Oct 18 17:02:35 EDT 2013

That was Denton, TX.  I don't think anyone on the list lives there.  I moved a couple of months ago but my new location is less secure.  Someone already went through my 'vairs but I couldn't tell anything was missing.  I came home and several deck lids were open.
Last time I tried to help a person with a Covair in Denton they threatened to sue me.
They had gone to jail over a traffic ticket and their Corvair was about to get impounded.  I picked it up and left a note with his mom telling him where to get it when he was released.  I wasn't available when he contacted me so I paid someone to meet him and let him pick up his car.  I saved him several hundred dollars, spent some of my own money and then he threatened to sue me because it wouldn't start when he came to get it.
Everyone I've met at club meetings and shows has been super.
Joel McGregor