[FC] fuel issues

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Wed Apr 16 12:30:12 EDT 2014

Question on fuel for our old trucks. Recently took my lawnmower to the shop for its' spring tune up. The mechanic said that there was jell in the carb. He cleaned it and put fresh gas in and now she runs fine. He recommended that I throw away any gas back home in my gas can, that there was enough alcohol in gasoline today that it pulls water from the air into standing fuel. Of course there sits Rampy with probably 10 gallons of old gas from last fall in her tank. What (if any) fuel additive is everyone using for this issue?Tim W '61 Rampy 140 4 speed.