[FC] question

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Mon Apr 28 11:37:54 EDT 2014

Vapor lockI have been driving my Rampy now for 3 years and have never had an issue with vapor lock. The last two times we have been driven long enough  to get the oil hot, I get home and shut her off. Then is I got back and try to restart, she will crank away but not fire if not start after sitting for a while. After 3 hours, though, yes then she starts right up.  I had this problem with my old '65 Monza in the 90's and solved it but now I cannot recall what fix actually worked.  Soemthing has changed in this engine but AS far as I know I have not changed timing, or mixture or anything to cause this issue.Any ideas would be helpful.Tim werner 1961 Rampy 140 4 spd