[FC] engine compartment color

ebittman at tampabay.rr.com ebittman at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Aug 31 12:26:56 EDT 2014

Am I correct in assuming all FC's for all years no matter the body style were body color in the engine compartment. I'm running into a problem with my ex-Bell phone van. Right now the compartment is black (and dirty) but since the van was originally painted Bell Green by GM would they have painted in this area also? I can see no sign of green paint not even on the inside of the trap door.Anyone know and have an opinion of what should be done. Thanks. Ed  Dade City,Fl