[FC] Mystery oil leak

hallgrenn hallgrenn at aol.com
Fri Jul 4 20:03:35 EDT 2014

In my experience the top cover gasket  is usually the culprit for your symptoms. .
Bob

Sent on the new Sprint Network from my Samsung Galaxy S®4.

I need some help.

Oil is pooling in the area of the block number close to the idler pulley. There is also a thin layer of oil below the right carb. The oil is in good condition... nothing weird there. The oil filler seal looks kinda waffly and oil is dripping from under the seal, but I see no track on the outside of the filler tube.

Went for a 40 mile drive on the hiway a week ago to a car show. That’s when I noticed more than the usual buildup. It looks like the Idler pulley is oily, the belt seems fine, a bit of crud has built up on the block lined up with the pulley.

This engine has a vent out the bottom of the pan.

There are no drips hitting the ground that I can see.

I can send pics if you are interested.

toodles
Merv Krull
Salmon Arm BC