[FC] Rampside Passenger Window Issue

Greg Shaw 65vair180 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 25 06:26:34 EDT 2014

  My 61 Rampside passenger window requires two hands to roll it down. Going up is easy. I took the entire mechanism out of the door and even removed the coiled spring wondering if it had too much tension. No change at all. I've sprayed the parts with lubricant and it is still extremely stiff to turn in the down direction. Anybody seen this issue before? Could the small gear be binding on the large teeth on the arm just in the one direction of rotation? Thanks in advance.

Greg
Dearborn, MI