[FC] Power Glide Shifter

Fred Adler fadler at genbio.com
Wed Mar 5 15:37:27 EST 2014

Gentlemen and Ladies (if you love Corvairs),

I just received my first, a CF Rampside with Power Glide.

I have another question (many, many to follow).  I figured out forward from reverse with the little dash shifter upon arrival.   Right now it is just a stem with a short shifter and black flat end cap.

The question:  Did these things come with a chrome plate that fit on the dash that showed R, P, F1, F2?   I know Power Glide is odd and I have no other automatic vehicles so don't lambast me please, but was there a dressier plate there originally?  That way I know search for on from a CF.  I imagine they would have been on the pickups and vans.  If you have one, please take a phone camera pix and send it to me, fadler at genbio.com<mailto:fadler at genbio.com> so I know what I am scrounging for.

Thanks a bunch,

CF Newbie

Fred Adler
San Diego