[FC] Two things about the Power Glide shifter

Fred Adler fadler at genbio.com
Wed Mar 12 12:11:09 EDT 2014

The newly acquired Rampside I bought has two things that should be simple to fix but I figured I would ask.

1.        I found the "trim" piece that fits on the dash semi-surrounding the Power Glide shift lever.  It was painted metal and is shaped like a "U" with two screw holes on the open side of the "U".  Does that slip under the dash guage ring?  Pictures appreciated.

2.       The "R,N,D,L" label on the shifter is missing under the clear plastic window.   I found a shifter with a piece of broken one to help me size it but is it a major thing to replace that with a homemade one since it seems you can't find a replacement one?  Does it fit into a groove on the shifter assembly?  I just want to continue to put things back as close to original as possible.

Thanks,

Fred Adler
San Diego