[FC] Long weekend of getting truck ready for Great Western Fanbelt Toss - TURN SIGNALS / BRAKE LIGHTS

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Mon Oct 20 14:56:39 EDT 2014

 The very first thing you need to check is to make sure the socket is grounded to the aluminum housing in the tail light assembly. Then the next thing is to make sure the housing is grounded to the body.

Ken Hand
Handy Car Care
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x118/vairmech/Viet%20Nam%20Pictures%201971/

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fred Adler via Corvanatics" <corvanatics at corvair.org>> The tail lights:>> They go no fine with the light switch.   The turn signals, they work fine > in front..........................IN THE BACK, both sides always flash > with left or right signal at the column.  ALSO, when you brake, all > flashing stops in back and at the dash indicator.>> Where the bloody hell is this thing wired wrong?  Color of wire to look at > ?   The manual wiring diagram has a lot to be desired.   I see there is a > "black" wire off the regulator (20 guage) which runs back to a coupling > somewhere with 8 lugs on the diagram and off that two wires go off to each > tail light (a lt blue and a purple).   There is also a pair that go off to > the license lights.   When I pull the tail lights, each has a lt. blue and > purple.>> The guy who owned this before me added a lot of gauges which all work NOW. > And used some bogus LED's on either side, which I pulled out but is there > some clue to the short circuit?>> Thanks if you have seen this one before.>_______________________________________________Corvanatics mailing listCorvanatics at corvair.orghttp://www.vv.corvair.org/mailman/listinfo/corvanaticsThis list sponsored by the Corvair Society of America, http://www.corvair.org/