[FC] 1961 FC paint code decoding

Steve Spilatro spilatrs at marietta.edu
Thu Aug 6 13:27:58 EDT 2015

I'm trying to confirm the meaning of the letter that follows 1961 corvair-95 paint codes, (e.g. 743f). I believe that the letter indicates the color scheme and vehicle type as follows:

A(a) indicated that this vehicle was to be painted a solid color.
E(e) indicated that this was a R1205 (Corvan) to be painted two-tone.
F(f) indicated that this was a R1206 (Greenbrier) to be painted two-tone.
G(g) indicated that this was a R1244 or R1254 (Loadside or Rampside) to be painted two-tone.

To confirm this, if you have a 1961 FC, I'm asking if you could send me your vehicle's paint code, vehicle type, and (original) color scheme (solid color or two-tone).
Thanks.
Steve
spilatrs at marietta.edu