[FC] Not Springs but "working" Rampside engine

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Thu May 14 08:51:11 EDT 2015

The head/cam combination is very important. Any combination other than what the factory did you have a hybrid engine and may or may not have more power. The 889 cam with 110 heads will give you stump pulling powerbut you will have no top end and would be lucky to hit 65 MPH. The 891 cam with the 95 heads actually works pretty good. You loose very little low end and get good midrange power and OK top end. Any head with the 304 will run OK but you will loose a little low end with it with any heads.

Ken Hand
Handy Car Care
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com