[FC] 1961 Rampside - 2 problems

Fred Adler fadler at genbio.com
Mon Feb 29 18:14:45 EST 2016

Problem 1

I tried the lights the other night and no dash lights and no tail lights.   At first I turned the rheostat to see if that was it and left it in full clockwise position.  Looking in the manual, I found a 15 amp fuse blown.  I put in a new fuse and it blew it again.  Remembering the rheostat light switch, I turned it back counter clockwise.  A new fuse again and this time it did not blow.  SO, is the light switch bad?   I can drive with tail lights and low dash lights but I can replace it also if I can find one.

Problem 2

I got into the "POWERGLIDE" Rampside today to haul something and turned the key and NADA.  Guages light up, electric fuel pump runs so the ignition switch must be engaging.  I checked it was in NEUTRAL.  I tried to start in NEUTRAL and all other gears (there are only R, D and L).  Still nothing.  I remember there is a safety cut off somewhere so you can't crank outside of NEUTRAL.   Now what do I need to replace and where do I get one?

THANKS from a frustrated Rampie guy.

Fred Adler

San Diego