[FC] It is hot and I am frustrated by passenger door latch on my FC

Fred Adler fadler at genbio.com
Mon Jul 4 19:01:45 EDT 2016

No matter how I try to adjust the striker in the rear door beam (3 screws) and it really only moves a little sideways not up and down, I just am able to pull the door open without pushing in the door button from the outside.  The "latch" on the passenger side has the rotating star which resets when you push the outer button but when I peek at how that star engages the strike plate on the door post, it barely touches.  Is the striker plat worn out so it is too short to engage the star mechanism on the latch?  If so, where do I find that striker plate for an FC passenger side?  I can't find it in Clarks or CA Corvair or am I just not getting the adjustment right?  The star at the bottom of the door mechanism rotates fine when you push the handle button.  The striker on the door post just does not seem to adjust enough to catch it when you close the door.  Any suggestions appreciated.   1961 Rampside, San Diego