[FC] Fw: Ultra Van Towing/Trailering

Jim Davis jld at wk.net
Sat Jun 18 23:12:58 EDT 2016

Front track is 80 inches and rear track is 74'  inches.  Assuming you
have 185R-14 tires and 6" rims with no offset, that would make the
outside of the front tires 87.28".    UltraVans will only fit on a
trailer with the bed over the tires.  If the trailer has fenders, it
won't fit unless you build a false deck and remove the fenders.  (Ask
Ken Hand for the details.)   The widest car dolly has an 80 inch wide
bed.    For as roll back truck, you need a 18 foot long bed (44" front
overhang + 152" wheel base = 16' 4").  If you need a wheel lift tow
truck, you need a MEDIUM duty wheel lift.  Standard wheel lift trucks
can handle only 86" track.  Corvair PowerGlide UltraVans can be towed
with the drive wheels on the ground without removing the drive shafts
(you will probably be required to sign a transmission damage waiver).
Jim Davis