[FC] Automatic transmission fluid

Jim Davis jld at wk.net
Sun Jun 26 13:51:06 EDT 2016

Dexron III is backward compatible with all previous Dexrons.   Dexron VI
is the newest, backward compatible and much more temperature and
viscosity stable than previous versions.  Be advised, the slicker Dexron
will cause the low band to slip at about 150 ftlbs of torque.   The
drive and reverse clutches will still hold.  About 5oz of TransTuneX
will stop the shipping.   I use Dexron VI in the 5,400 lb UltraVan with
with the 190 cuin Corvair based 140 engine.   I doubt there is a more
severe use of a PowerGlide.
Jim Davis