[FC] mirrors

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Thu Sep 8 12:23:57 EDT 2016

Re: exterior mirrorsMost Rampys and Vans had the big west-coast mirrors installed with brackets above the window and again below  on the door. I welded mine shut and ordered the original style mirror from Clarks that will screw to the reinforced plate that is attached to the interior of the sheet metal inside the door. I found this when I rebuilt the window mechanism. The only issue with these mirrors is that they do not swivel and angle up and away from the door rather far. If installed I would be unable to walk around my truck inside my small garage. I still have this mirror if you wish to buy it, I wound up installing a 4" round clamp-on "peep- mirror" like you see on the '32 roadster lowboys all the time at car shows. It works and I do not have holes in the door, and I can walk around my truck when inside.Good luck!Tim werner '61 rampy 140 4-spd.