[FC] Additional Electric Fuel Pump/Oil Pressure Shutoff Wiring Question

ROBERT WILSON scwilson8126 at wowway.com
Thu Jul 13 23:37:05 EDT 2017

Hello All;

I have wired my '63 Monza Convt for an electric fuel pump w/oil pressure cutoff switch, but it is not turning over when I turn the key.

Here is how I currently have it wired:

    * Negative wire from fuel pump - wired to mounting bolt on frame
    * Positive wire from fuel pump - wired to "P" terminal on the OP cutoff switch
    * "S" terminal on OP cutoff switch wired to "S" terminal on starter
    * "I" terminal wired to fuse block connection that is only hot when ignition is on (some instructions say to wire this directly to the ignition switch).

When I turn on the ignition switch, nothing happens, but the oil temp press/gen fan lights to glow as normal.

I can turn the starter over by touching the leads on the starter with a screwdriver.

What am I missing or what do I have connected wrong?

Thanks,