[FC] Wiring Electric Fuel Pump/Safety Switch

ROBERT WILSON scwilson8126 at wowway.com
Sun Jun 11 16:19:38 EDT 2017

Hi All;

I have decided to convert to a universal electric fuel pump and oil pressure safety switch.  I am tired of all of the mechanical pumps I buy eventually leaking.

Can someone confirm if the below is correct, or advise me on how to wire the pump/safety switch?  The switch has three terminals: P, S and I:

-Positive wire from the pump is run through the tunnel and connected to the P terminal on the oil safety switch.
-Existing oil pressure warning light is piggyback wired to the same terminal above
-S wire is run back and attached directly to the starter solenoid or piggybacked to the wire going to the solenoid terminal on the ignition switch?
-I wire is piggybacked to the wire going to the ON position on the starter switch.

Also, will the electric fuel pump help with hot starting issues?

Thanks,

Scott Wilson