[FC] alternator

Fred Adler fadler at genbio.com
Fri May 19 21:38:24 EDT 2017

You guys are great.  I will start sorting it out tomorrow

Thanks a lot,

Fred

Sent from my iPhone

On May 19, 2017, at 4:01 PM, hallgrenn <hallgrenn at aol.com<mailto:hallgrenn at aol.com>> wrote:

Fred,
That sounds like a stock LM alternator that uses an external regulator--is it hooked up to a regulator now?  It is common for an alternator to need a slightly higher idle to energize itself and make electricity.  The wires from the alternator should exit from the front side and not the top if you want to avoid breaking them in a FC.  It shouldn't throw the pulley nut if it has the locking nut properly torqued.

Bob Hall

Sent on the new Sprint Network from my Samsung Galaxy S®4