[FC] alternator

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Mon May 22 09:37:37 EDT 2017

FredI had this issue several years ago and my wife refused to ride with me until I was able to get the red light to go out. (In fairness to her, She has been stranded waiting for a tow with me in the past with my Corvairs). I took it to my garage and the mechanic replaced the alternator, removed the external regulator and installed the alternator with a small, square electronic junction box the size of 50-cent -piece attached to the alternator. I will try to send a photo. End of the day it charges the battery at all speeds and no red light.Tim Werner '61 rampy , 140 4 speed